1.9.1 - July 14, 2016
- Includes an alert for cases when PDFs can't be previewed.
- Fixes bugs related to RTF files
1.9 - Nov 25, 2015
- Fix crashing with Manuscript format
1.8.9 - Oct 19, 2015
- Fix styling of Title page text
1.8.8 - Sep 26, 2015
- Fix crash when jumping to a different page
- Update cheat sheet panel
1.8.7 - May 19, 2015
- Fix redraw issue
1.8.6 - Apr 7, 2015
- Make Act breaks in Manuscript respond to bold preference
1.8.5 - Mar 12, 2015
- Minor bug fixes
1.8.4 - Feb 20,2015
- Fix bug where FDX export didn't work
1.8.3 - Oct 17,2014
- Fixes to Stageplay format
- Fix pagination bug
- Scale column width with font size
- Allow 'INT/EXT' as a scene header
1.8.2 - Feb 10, 2015
- Fix crash when trying to preview PDFs
1.8.1 - Sep 15, 2014
- Fix newlines with changes to notes and boneyard removal
- Fix lost text due to multiple inline notes
- Improve title page appearance
- Improve contact and date title page alignment
- Allow lone asterisks in screenplay PDFs
- Fix performance of section headers and synopsis highlighting
1.8.0 - Sep 2,2014
- Bug fixes
- Fix empty spaces around note removal
- Remember text selection when switching between editor and preview
- Remove force ?@? from FDX exports
- Allow blank lines between centered text
- Don't print 'Anonymous' if title page has credit but no author
- Fix centering issues
- Fix Synopsis & Section Header highlighting
- Fix indenting
- Adjust welcome screen placement on screen
- Fix placement of invisibles due to line spacing
- Export synopsis as FDX index cards
- Use find bar instead of a find window
- Fix boneyard and note handling
- Add Times New Roman as an output font
- Enforce preferred file extension
- Allow extra newlines at start of document
- Remove ! from forced actions in FDX exports
1.7.3 - June 12, 2014
- Fixes printing permissions
1.7.2 - June 6, 2014
- Open password-protected PDFs
- Custom syntax highlighting for scene headers (in Preferences)
- Word count added to page jumper
- Scene headers (
#) and synopses (
=) have new indenting
- Overall stability, particularly with non-screenplay documents
- Syntax highlighting, including short words and italics
- Better scroll linking between editor and preview
- Better Preview updates
- Fixes crashes when paragraphs are super long
- Removes extra newlines when copy and pasting from Final Draft
- Insertion point stays put when you resize the window
1.7.1 - April 17, 2014
- Fix for page breaks after dialogue blocks
1.7 - April 13, 2014
Because so many screenwriters are now using Highland as their primary writing environment, we made changes under the hood. In version 1.7, you'll find:
- Better pagination, particularly dialogue breaks
- Greatly improved stability
- Much faster PDF parsing
- Better syntax highlighting
- Search via integrated Find bar
[[%]]to help you find your way in long documents
- Dozens of other bug-fixes
1.6 - March 14, 2014
USE THE FORCE! Updated to Fountain 1.1 spec, including new forced elements such as Forced Action (
!), Forced Characters (
@), and Lyrics (
- Fix for Celtx PDFs (for real this time)
- Support for Fade In Pro generated PDFs
- Misc bug fixes
1.5.8 - Feb 26, 2014
- Fixes for Celtx generated PDFs
- Misc bug fixes
1.5.7 - Jan 17, 2014
- Fixed double splash window bug
- Fixed dialogue breaking bugs
- Performance improvements
1.5.6 - Jan 2, 2014
- Bug fixes
1.5.5 - Nov 22, 2013
- Performance enhancements
- Bug fixes
1.5.4 - Nov 5, 2013
- Huge energy usage improvements!
1.5.3 - Oct 24, 2013
Bug fixes and new options for PDFs in the Preferences menu:
- Bold scene headers
- One or two spaces before scene headers
1.5.2 - Oct 4, 2013
- Improves Highland Sans bold
- Fixes Dual Dialogue export to .FDX
- Prevents crashes for Format menu commands
1.5.1 - Sept 24, 2013
- Better matches Final Draft's page count
- Bug fixes
1.5 - Sept 17, 2013
- Syntax highlighting of Sections, Notes, Boneyards, Title Pages, bold, and italics (if available)
- Beautiful new graphics
- Choose your format: Screenplay, Stageplay, or Manuscript
- A4 paper support
- And many tweaks and bug fixes
1.0.3 - July 11, 2013
- When working with imported PDFs and .fdx files, Highland appends (converted) to the title until you save them with their own names
- Dual dialogue fixes
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
1.0.2 - May 16, 2013
- This release is mostly just the standard bug fixes + performance enhancements. Nothing wrong with that.
- Nima added one sly trick you're likely to love: shift-return makes the line uppercase. Boom. Try it! Your caps lock key will feel lonely.
We've also added support for the Lyric element. It's not part of the official Fountain spec yet — the syntax might change — but John needed it so here it is. Lyrics work like dialogue, except each line is preceded by a tilde (
~), and you can have multiple stacked lines of lyrics. Here's an example:
~Willy Wonka! Willy Wonka! The amazing chocolatier!
~Willy Wonka! Willy Wonka! Everybody give a cheer!
~He's modest, clever and so smart
~He barely can restrain it...
In screenplay format, Lyrics show up in italics. In stage musical format, well...maybe thatss something for a later release.
- One last thing: your terrific feedback and five-star ratings mean a lot. Thanks for being awesome and supportive.
1.0.1 - April 3, 2013
- When you save (or autosave), Highland remembers where your cursor was. Because that's How It Should Be.
- Highland retains newlines upon Save. So if you like to use a lot of blank lines for some reason, go right ahead. It's your script.
- Drag-and-dropping text within the editing window is so much better now. Try it!
- When you import a PDF or FDX file, we treat it like a new Fountain file -- which it basically is. The first time you save it, you’ll give it a name.
- Fixed a bug that caused an occasional crash during Save.
- Fixed Export menu command.
- Updated welcome screen text.
- There was some stray Fountain markup (
====) in FDX export. Whoops. Fixed.
- In Dark Mode, we’ve made the scroll bar easier to spot.
1.0 - March 18, 2013
- Initial release